- Friday, 11 January 2013 12:31
- Published Date
- Hits: 1632
Occupational health and safety training specialist, ATA International Training, Namibia officially launched its new range of training courses available to the general public at the 2012 Erongo Business and Tourism Expo, in November last year.
ATA International Training senior medical instructor and advisor Fabian Martens highlights the fact that public training courses that were launched at the fair include; first aid, health and safety training, specialised medical training, emergency care practitioner (ECP) training and fire fighter training.
“ATA International has developed a strong working relationship with the Namibian Defence Force (NDF) by supplying these courses to the military. Due to the overwhelming success of this partnership, ATA International Training Namibia recognised a definitive need for this type of training for public businesses and private citizens too,” he explains.
Martens noted that most courses are held onsite at the Goethe Institute in Windhoek, while in-house training is also available, should the need arise. “The Erongo region is an industrial hub and, as health and safety continues to play an increasingly important role in industrial applications, I am confident that ATA International Training Namibia can add considerable value to local operations.”
According to Martens, ATA International Training identified the expo as the ideal platform to present the company’s new offerings to a wide variety of industries. “The response from the industry and the public has been overwhelming, and we are excited about the future prospects for ATA International Training in Namibia. With this in mind, ATA International Training Namibia plans to exhibit again next year at various additional expos in Windhoek, Ongwediva and Walvis Bay,” he said.
ATA International specialises in facilitating emergency medicine courses, as well as occupational medicine, occupational hygiene, technical rescue, industrial fire-fighting and health and safety training courses for professionals operating in remote and isolated environments such as the oil and gas, mining, infrastructure and construction industries. ATA International works in collaboration with various leading universities and institutions in order to provide high quality medical training to these sectors.
- Articles In This Category
- Crooks come up with new scam (1164 hits)MarketsBank Windhoek has warned its clients and the general public to watch out for the latest fraudulent scam. Thieves are targeting specific businesses to...Governors meet (345 hits)MarketsThe SADC Committee of Central Bank Governors (CCBG) met this week in Swakopmund to promote and achieve closer cooperation between the Community’s...Women on the move (443 hits)MarketsTwo professional women are making their mark at management level in the two leading private sector companies. FNB Namibia announced the promotion of...Monthly inflation inches higher (444 hits)MarketsThe gradually rising inflation shows no sign of abating in the short to medium term according to Simonis Storm Securities. Inflation, which has edged...Best bank in the country (757 hits)MarketsBank Windhoek was honoured on 11 December 2013 with the “Best Bank in Namibia” award for the sixth consecutive year by EMEA Finance, a UK-based...MarketsStephan Haenisch has been appointed as regional executive of corporate banking (coastal) with effect from 1 January 2012 in Werner Thesen’s...Securities data for whole Africa (400 hits)MarketsExchange Data International (EDI), a provider of global securities data, announced earlier in May the launch of its latest service, African Economic...Oryx year end results (932 hits)MarketsOryx Properties Limited, a NSX-listed property investment company, declared a distribution of 66.25 cents per linked unit for the six months to 30...Agra gets Golden Lamb (716 hits)MarketsAgra recently received a Golden Lamb Award at the Swakara Industry Forum gala dinner held in Keetmanshoop. This highest award in the swakara industry...tn mobile users enjoy prepaid 4G broadband (866 hits)Marketstn mobile, the mobile telecommunications division of Telecom Namibia, recently became the first operator in the country to offer 4G LTE prepaid...
- Related Articles
- Namibia, a dumping place for foreign waste? (578 hits)Speak your mindAccording to the company Native Storage Facility, “Namport receives large volumes of a variety of goods and materials, which are stored at various...
- Latest Articles
- HeadlinesIt goes without saying that music really is a universal language uniting so many people who flocked to the Hage Geingob stadium for this year’s...Taxman loosens noose on farmers (25 hits)HeadlinesIn an effort to mitigate the effects of the severe drought experienced in 2013 the Ministry of Lands and Resettlement announced earlier this week...Namibia guns for Renewables (42 hits)HeadlinesNamibia has joined four other countries in the bid to host the proposed regional centre for the promotion of renewable energy in southern Africa....Editors DeskIt is not typical for a business editor to advise readers not to overspend but this is exactly what I want to do. One of the important metrics to...21 November 2014 (20 hits)WeatherWhat Happened? High pressure control on the surface as well as in the upper layers, remains the order of the day. The weather stance at the beginning...