- Friday, 11 January 2013 12:31
- Published Date
- Hits: 2048
Occupational health and safety training specialist, ATA International Training, Namibia officially launched its new range of training courses available to the general public at the 2012 Erongo Business and Tourism Expo, in November last year.
ATA International Training senior medical instructor and advisor Fabian Martens highlights the fact that public training courses that were launched at the fair include; first aid, health and safety training, specialised medical training, emergency care practitioner (ECP) training and fire fighter training.
“ATA International has developed a strong working relationship with the Namibian Defence Force (NDF) by supplying these courses to the military. Due to the overwhelming success of this partnership, ATA International Training Namibia recognised a definitive need for this type of training for public businesses and private citizens too,” he explains.
Martens noted that most courses are held onsite at the Goethe Institute in Windhoek, while in-house training is also available, should the need arise. “The Erongo region is an industrial hub and, as health and safety continues to play an increasingly important role in industrial applications, I am confident that ATA International Training Namibia can add considerable value to local operations.”
According to Martens, ATA International Training identified the expo as the ideal platform to present the company’s new offerings to a wide variety of industries. “The response from the industry and the public has been overwhelming, and we are excited about the future prospects for ATA International Training in Namibia. With this in mind, ATA International Training Namibia plans to exhibit again next year at various additional expos in Windhoek, Ongwediva and Walvis Bay,” he said.
ATA International specialises in facilitating emergency medicine courses, as well as occupational medicine, occupational hygiene, technical rescue, industrial fire-fighting and health and safety training courses for professionals operating in remote and isolated environments such as the oil and gas, mining, infrastructure and construction industries. ATA International works in collaboration with various leading universities and institutions in order to provide high quality medical training to these sectors.
- Articles In This Category
- Market wrap (514 hits)MarketsSALT introduces SAP Business 1 (185 hits)MarketsAfter 16 years in operation, ICT solutions provider SALT Essential Information Technology found itself with a legacy system that inhibited daily...Ombudsman Bill for finance in pipeline (468 hits)MarketsThe proposed Financial Services Ombudsman Bill, will see the creation and appointment of an independent Financial Service Ombudsman (FSO). This...Scammers exploits peak during festive season (443 hits)MarketsAs the holiday season approaches, Bank Windhoek this week issued another warning to their clients and the general public to be vigilant and prevent...Leading FNB’s business banking (137 hits)MarketsJohan van der Westhuizen is the new Head of FNB Business Banking. Announcing his appointment, FNB said he is well-known in banking circles since he...Understanding Africa’s middle class (368 hits)MarketsUsing South Africa’s Living Standard Measure (LSM) methodology, Standard Bank’s ‘Understanding Africa’s middle class’ report covers the...Stock-broking firm optimistic about growth (135 hits)MarketsSimonis Storm Securities (SSS) is upbeat about the economic outlook for 2015. Resident economist, Daniel Kavishe at SSS presented findings of its...MarketsHis Excellency, President Hifikepunye Pohamba, on 26 October laid the foundation for the N$92 million Keetmanshoop Retail Centre, which is being...MarketsNational Information System ( NaTIS) clients across the country now have more payment options as of early this year. This comes after Bank Windhoek...Market Wrap 07 March 2014 (435 hits)Markets
- Related Articles
- Namibia, a dumping place for foreign waste? (932 hits)Speak your mindAccording to the company Native Storage Facility, “Namport receives large volumes of a variety of goods and materials, which are stored at various...
- Latest Articles
- MarketsThe FNB Banking App is among the top ten banking apps worldwide and the best in Africa according to the bi-annual UX Masterclass conference held in...LeisureThe Namibian Music Awards prize-giving ceremony was broadcast live this Wednesday on NBC Television.HealthThe United States Government, in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Social Services (MOHSS) and faith-based medical services, has launched...Offbeat 03 July 2015 (2 hits)ColumnsOnce upon a time, when the world was still full of stories, not television, there were trolls. Trolls were portrayed as solitary creatures, half...Community and CultureThe final chapter in US funding for vulnerable children under the care of the Church Alliance for Orphans (CAFO) was concluded in June at a ceremony...