- Friday, 23 November 2012 09:20
- Published Date
- Hits: 862
The Walvis Bay Corridor Group (WBCG) has expanded its reach to the South American region with the successful launch of the WBCG office in Sao Paulo, Brazil. This office is the first step to establish a direct link between Brazil and Walvis Bay promising importers and exporters a 7-day shipment schedule. The Corridor Groupâ€™s strategy is to open up the entire southern African market to the vast manufacturing base of the Brazilian economy. The launch was attended by key stakeholders in the transport community. The event was hosted by the Namibian Ambassador to Brazil, HE Lineekela Mboti. The guests were treated to presentations by the Port of Walvis Bay and the WBCG on the benefits and opportunities on the link between South America and southern Africa. The keynote speaker for the event, Dr. Joao de Almeida Sampaio Filho, who is the Vice President of Mafriq, has noted the importance for Brazilian firms to explore the SADC market for both imports and exports. The Marfrig Group is a multinational company with operations in the food and food services sectors in Brazil and in 15 other countries around the world.
- Articles In This Category
- Ittur now 100 % owner of NEC (1511 hits)MarketsIttur Namibia Investment who has been the 55% owner of NEC Investment Holdings since 2007 has now acquired the remaining 45% shareholding from...MarketsIn a quarterly survey conducted by FNB on estate agentsâ€™ view of the local real estate market it was revealed that there is a slump in the trading...Eyewitness in Davos (684 hits)MarketsThe 43rd World Economic forum was a platform for many economic representatives to discuss pertinent matters that are affecting the global economy....Regus launches first business centre (1023 hits)MarketsGlobal workplace provider, Regus recently opened its first business centre in Namibia in Windhoekâ€™s Maerua Mall. The launch of the business centre...Investec CEO best (705 hits)MarketsHendrik du Toit, CEO of Investec Asset Management was named Chief Executive of the Year this week at the prestigious Financial News Awards for...Telecom cuts ties with Neotel (803 hits)MarketsThe shareholders of Neotel and Vodacom SA announced last week that they concluded an agreement on the commercial structure and terms to proceed for...DBN strides ahead (1476 hits)MarketsThe Development Bank of Namibia (DBN) announced loans and equity investments of N$1,034 billion in 2010, a significant increase on the N$663 million...NAC develops air services (559 hits)MarketsThe Namibia Airports Company (NAC) has announced the setting up of a formal air service development program aimed at â€śprocuringâ€ť new airline...Good news in tough times (389 hits)MarketsDespite pressure on prices and on customers, Bank Windhoek has announced an increase in free life cover on three of its savings products effective...Expo sponsor (535 hits)MarketsBank Windhoek has sponsored N$100,000 towards the 8th annual SME Expo which takes place from 31 July to 2 August 2013 at the Nampower Convention...
- Related Articles
- Special FocusPresident Hifikepunye Pohamba has proposed that Namibia be considered to be part of the North South Corridor project. The President made the remarks...Walvis Bay Corridor Group gets help from GIZ (638 hits)Special FocusThe Walvis Bay Corridor Group (WBCG) last week announced a N$900,000 funding agreement between itself and the German Federal Ministry for Economic...Corridor Group in Lusaka (596 hits)MarketsThe Walvis Bay Corridor Group (WBCG) hosted an information session in Lusaka, Zambia earlier in August to improve awareness of the benefits of...Corridor Group named Logistics Achiever (602 hits)Special FocusTrade route and transport facilitator, the Walvis Bay Corridor Group took the silver award for its â€śFacilitating trade to and from Southern...Corridor Group irons out Congo glitches (1033 hits)HeadlinesThe 7th Tripartite Walvis Bay â€“ Ndola â€“ Lubumbashi Development Corridor Technical Committee meeting was held recently at the Grand Karavia Hotel...
- Latest Articles
- Weather 27 February 2015 (25 hits)WeatherRAINFALL FIGURESHeadlinesLaunched at the end of 2009, Galz & Goals is the first national project to entice young females into competitive soccer to provide a feeder pool...National maize stocks hit low (35 hits)HeadlinesOnly a third of the countryâ€™s total cereal demand will be met from local production due to poor rainfall in the dryland maize production triangle...MTC 3rd most expensive operator (71 hits)HeadlinesA report released by The Research ICT Africa Network has found that Namibian cellphone subscribers pay nine times more than their Kenyan counterparts...Weather 27 February 2015 (28 hits)WeatherWhat Happened The combination of low pressure and unstable, tropical air produced some spectacular rainfall results this week, showing just what is...