- Friday, 23 November 2012 09:20
- Published Date
- Hits: 952
The Walvis Bay Corridor Group (WBCG) has expanded its reach to the South American region with the successful launch of the WBCG office in Sao Paulo, Brazil. This office is the first step to establish a direct link between Brazil and Walvis Bay promising importers and exporters a 7-day shipment schedule. The Corridor Group’s strategy is to open up the entire southern African market to the vast manufacturing base of the Brazilian economy. The launch was attended by key stakeholders in the transport community. The event was hosted by the Namibian Ambassador to Brazil, HE Lineekela Mboti. The guests were treated to presentations by the Port of Walvis Bay and the WBCG on the benefits and opportunities on the link between South America and southern Africa. The keynote speaker for the event, Dr. Joao de Almeida Sampaio Filho, who is the Vice President of Mafriq, has noted the importance for Brazilian firms to explore the SADC market for both imports and exports. The Marfrig Group is a multinational company with operations in the food and food services sectors in Brazil and in 15 other countries around the world.
- Articles In This Category
- Remove trade barriers – Geingob (1800 hits)MarketsThe African Organisation for Standardisation (ARSO) must work towards removing all trade barriers among African countries in order to realise the...Extra special Topscore for PM (1356 hits)MarketsPrime Minister Nahas Angula and Team Namibia’s General Manager, Lizette Foot, sharing a happy exchange at the Office of the Prime Ministe. Team...Ombudsman Bill for finance in pipeline (468 hits)MarketsThe proposed Financial Services Ombudsman Bill, will see the creation and appointment of an independent Financial Service Ombudsman (FSO). This...New vehicle sales unstoppable (1476 hits)MarketsThe vehicle sales industry reached another record high last month with 1349 units of new vehicles sold representing a 7.1% monthly increase and a...Oryx year end results (1028 hits)MarketsOryx Properties Limited, a NSX-listed property investment company, declared a distribution of 66.25 cents per linked unit for the six months to 30...Understanding Africa’s middle class (369 hits)MarketsUsing South Africa’s Living Standard Measure (LSM) methodology, Standard Bank’s ‘Understanding Africa’s middle class’ report covers the...Service Audit brings unexpected bonus (629 hits)MarketsMaria Nangula Akudhenga, a client of Bank Windhoek’s Oshakati-North branch, won the N$10,000 prize in the annual Bank Windhoek Service Audit...Trustco in bid to raise N$1 billion capital (744 hits)MarketsDiversified financial services group Trustco has embarked on a roadshow aimed at raising N$1 billion in capital to be used in the further expansion...Weak rouble knocks Swakara profit (103 hits)MarketsOver 56,000 swakara pelts were sold over the weekend at the Kopenhagen Fur auction by Agra Provision on behalf of Namibian karakul producers. This...New South African banknotes to circulate (835 hits)MarketsThe new South African banknotes which feature an image of Former South African President, Nelson Mandela on the front and images of the “Big...
- Related Articles
- Special FocusPresident Hifikepunye Pohamba has proposed that Namibia be considered to be part of the North South Corridor project. The President made the remarks...Walvis Bay Corridor Group gets help from GIZ (711 hits)Special FocusThe Walvis Bay Corridor Group (WBCG) last week announced a N$900,000 funding agreement between itself and the German Federal Ministry for Economic...Corridor Group in Lusaka (660 hits)MarketsThe Walvis Bay Corridor Group (WBCG) hosted an information session in Lusaka, Zambia earlier in August to improve awareness of the benefits of...Corridor Group named Logistics Achiever (656 hits)Special FocusTrade route and transport facilitator, the Walvis Bay Corridor Group took the silver award for its “Facilitating trade to and from Southern...Corridor Group irons out Congo glitches (1093 hits)HeadlinesThe 7th Tripartite Walvis Bay – Ndola – Lubumbashi Development Corridor Technical Committee meeting was held recently at the Grand Karavia Hotel...
- Latest Articles
- HeadlinesIn view with President Hage Geingobs vision for Namibia, where no Namibian should be left behind Standard Bank Namibia has launched their first ever...MultiChoice ready for Netflix (33 hits)HeadlinesAs Netflix prepares to tap into untapped markets around the world, just how prepared is Naspers-owned MultiChoice for the impending competition?HeadlinesFollowing the cancellation of the controversial Xaris power project by the Minister of Mines and Energy, Hon. Obeth Kandjoze, a well-placed energy...HeadlinesIn the same week that Trustco Group International declared revenues exceeding one billion Namibia Dollar, the prospective diamond miner also had to...Editors DeskAs the first semester came to an end, the trend in worldwide markets since the third week of April, seems to have entered a downward phase.