- General News
- Friday, 11 May 2012 09:36
- Published Date
- Hilma Hashange
- Hits: 3507
Namibia Breweries (NBL) this week introduced a new sparkling soft drink called VIGO. It is a non-alcoholic drink made from malt and comes in two very African exotic flavours, namely Marula and Wild Orange/Eguni.
Speaking at the launch, NBL’s marketing innovations manager, Barbara Erdt said that the soft drink is 100% Namibian and made from malt, which is already well-known in the beer world.
“Malt is used in NBL’s beers as malted barley, but can also be produced out of other cereal grains by first germinating and afterwards malting them. Malt is known for its health benefits such as providing some essential nutrients for the body, therefore using malt in combination with naturally based fruity flavours is the perfect unique and distinctive sparkling soft drink, something trully different,” Erdt emphasised.
According to NBL, the soft drink was produced when it became apparent that consumers of both non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks need a premium classy alternative to the current non-alcoholic offerings currently in the market.
The two flavours, Marula and Wild Orange (commonly known as Eguni), were chosen by Namibian consumers during a research drive throughout the country.
“VIGO is a clear, light golden sparkling liquid that pours smoothly out of a stylish unique embossed green bottle, ready to be enjoyed at any moment. It is the right choice when Namibians want a modern, natural, premium non-alcoholic soft drink,” Erdt re inforced.
Rosemarry Sippiki, NBL’s national marketing manager, said that the launching of VIGO was brought about by the dismantling of current realities and to avoid doing business in the same manner and keeping abreast with changing demands and trends. “It is with this in mind that we are today witnessing the birth of one of NBL’s newest innovative ideas that really brought the dismantling of current realities and brought to life a product that we are about to witness now,” Shippiki said.
The name VIGO was chosen among several other names and according to Erdt, it simply implies invigorating the body. Known for only producing alcoholic drinks, NBL said that the new soft drink will not produce any side effects because it is produced without any preservatives.
The soft drinks come in 330ml six pack bottles and target 25-35 year olds. The new soft drinks are currently available in selected supermarkets and restaurants in Windhoek, Walvis Bay, Oshakati, Swakopmund and Oshikango. The beverage sells for N$8.50.
- Articles In This Category
- Local designers flaunt their signature style (1448 hits)General NewsFashion lovers flocked to the launch of Pambili Young Designers’ new range at the Omba Gallery which was held recently. The talented male and...Guide book on immovable property launched (247 hits)General NewsThe Minister of Lands and Resettlement Alpheus !Naruseb launched three issue items comprising a DVD titled “ Secure Land Tenure for All” a study...Telecom responds to claims of Leo takeover (1657 hits)General NewsTelecom has described claims made by a local daily regarding the Telecom / Leo deal as having no base. In an statement issued by Oiva Angula, senior...Trade ministry assists small businesses (2641 hits)General NewsThe Ministry of Trade and Industry has various programmes and facilities in place to assist the small and medium enterprises (SME) sector to...General NewsThe network to which local advertising agency, Ogilvy Namibia belongs, last week won a major industry award for its network of affiliated agencies...SME’s seek local support for growth (1128 hits)General NewsA local entrepreneur, Salatiel Hatutale, a shoe maker based in Oshakati says that government should invest and offer support to Small and Medium...aiXaro helps Poly ICT students (636 hits)General NewsOwner of aiXaro technology company, Jan Steenkamp (left) this week donated electronic components to the Polytechnic to the value of N$60,000....General NewsThe latest report from Think Security Africa is the organisation’s fifth annual review on security in Africa suggests structural challenges are...General NewsThe Government Institutions Pension Fund of Namibia (GIPF), through proceeds availed through its unlisted investments this week provided funding for...General NewsIt has come to the attention of FNB Namibia that unscrupulous fraudsters are using and abusing the e-Wallet product to try and scam Namibians.
- Related Articles
- Special FocusNamibia Breweries Limited (NBL) officially showcased their new battery-operated forklifts to staff members at the company recently. NBL unveiled 18...Breweries appoints new marketing manager (1998 hits)General NewsRosemary Shippiki has been appointed as Namibia Breweries (NBL)’s national marketing manager. Her appointment is effective 1 January 2012. Shippiki...Namibia Breweries declares 27c dividend (1582 hits)MarketsNamibia Breweries has declared an interim dividend of 27 cents after recording a 9% increase in earnings to 58 cents per share in the six months...Breweries takes Angola on (1674 hits)General NewsAngola is a key building-block in Namibia Breweries’ export strategy as the country is currently the third largest beer market in Africa. “There...Breweries brings joy to Oonte OVC (957 hits)Community and CultureNamibia Breweries decided to assist local youth groups this year with fundraising, using the internationally celebrated Day of the African Child as...
- Latest Articles
- Jordaans win Spirit of Amarok trophy (36 hits)Special FocusThe individual category of the inaugural International Spirit of Amarok competition held in Botswana, was won by Alwyn and Melanie Jordaan of...Special FocusThe Ministry of Information and Communication Technology announced last week that the 2nd National ICT summit will take place at the beginning of...Isabella !Huri-He //Hauses of Godisho Group (116 hits)Special FocusCategory: Business Owner Name: Isabella !Huri-He //Hauses Position: Owner, CEO, Executive Director and Chairman Company, institution or business...Florencia Kavendjii of Jireh Hair Studio (117 hits)Special FocusCategory: Business Owner Name: Florencia Kavendjii Position: Owner and Manager Company, institution or business Jireh Hair Studio Jireh Real EstateSpecial FocusCategory: Business Owner Name: Yvonne le Roux Position Owner and Managing Member Company, institution or business Elite Employment Consultancy CC