- Friday, 29 November 2013 08:22
- Published Date
- Hits: 2014
The Tsumeb Young Achievers Youth Empowerment project held its first successful year-end function last week16 November at the Bible Academy in Tsumeb. The main objective of the special event was to acknowledge the hard work and achievements of its members and stakeholders.
The youth programme seeks to provide young people with vision and to inspire and motivate them to become responsible citizens in life. Tsumeb Young Achievers said it would like to extend its gratitude to all its stakeholders within the Tsumeb community and to specially thank businessman Mr Nico Kaiyamo for investing in the Tsumeb youth. Speaking at the event was Mr Sheratt who encouraged the youth to continue learning in order to achieve success. In the same vein he also advised the youth to refrain from tribalism, racism and gender discrimination. Playaville Theatre School entertained the achievers with two educational performances.
- Articles In This Category
- Teachers getting raw deal (983 hits)EducationEducators seem to be getting the short end of the stick as revealed earlier this week in a report by the Teachers Union of Namibia (TUN) which has...Internship placements pay off (733 hits)EducationThe Cooperative Education Unit won the 2014 Excellence Award at the 4th Annual Conference of Institute of People Management (IPM) held at the Safari...EducationFNB Namibia and the Business School of Excellence (BSE) have entered into a partnership that will offer financial support to teachers studying for an...Interns at Kraatz (255 hits)EducationKraatz Marine, the engineering and technical subsidiary in the O&L stable, has fourteen new interns who studied at the Namibian Institute of...Exchange students off to Germany (703 hits)EducationRepresentatives of the Association of German School Societies in Namibia (AGDS) and Mrs Jana Wall from the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany...Namibia must innovate - Iyambo (4369 hits)EducationAt the recent birthday celebrations of the International University of Management, one aspect that stood out from all the contributions, is the high...Read for Life with CSO and Book Den (2746 hits)EducationThe CSO Aids Orphans Trust, together with Book Den this week launched a “Reading for Life” project. This project was initiated to...Poly best journalism students awarded (1519 hits)EducationTwo students received best journalism student awards for their respective years from the journalism department of the Polytechnic of Namibia. ...Take a closer look... (3014 hits)EducationThe President of the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany recently donated laboratory equipment to the UNAM School of Medicine on behalf...Edutain trip for 2013 value stars (2462 hits)EducationThe Ohlthaver & List (O&L) Group of Companies recently announced the O&L Value Stars of 2013 at an event held in Windhoek. The 9 lucky...
- Related Articles
- General NewsThe largest oxygen-producing plant in Namibia, procured recently by Namibia Custom Smelters to enhance production capability and improve...A message of hope for Tsumeb (1033 hits)General NewsThe Independence celebrations in Tsumeb started on a beautiful, sunny day in the garden city of the north. The celebrations kicked off with a march...Young, gifted and determined (3785 hits)SportThis week the Economist caught up with Lavinia Haitope, the senior female winner of this year’s Old Mutual Victory race. Clearly a force to be...Even Tsumeb needs more Bibles (619 hits)Community and CultureAt the Bible Society’s Walk for Bibles in Tsumeb last weekend, more than 180 participated in the 5-km fun event. It was the second year, that the...NBF hosts Mini Basketball programme in Tsumeb (3420 hits)SportThe Namibian Basketball Federation (NBF) on Saturday 06 April 2013 successfully hosted a mini basketball jamboree in Tsumeb. Almost 100 participants...
- Latest Articles
- HeadlinesThe Economist Businesswomen Projects officially launched the Namibian Businesswoman of the Year Award 2015 this week announcing that nominations are...Xaris MD hits back at allegations (28 hits)HeadlinesSince the announcement that energy company, Xaris won the tender for the construction of a 250mW power plant in the Erongo Region, Nampower and in...Editors DeskThe Chamber of Mines 2015 Mining Expo and Conference took place this week at the Safari Hotel conference centre in Windhoek. The expo attracted just...Weather 22 May 2015 (18 hits)WeatherWhat Happened The synoptic map was dominated this week by an array of high pressure cells covering the southern Indian Ocean, the ocean south of...Xaris to meet deadline (77 hits)Mining & EnergyThe Xaris power plant which is curently in the planning phase will meet its June 2016 deadline according to Xaris Managing Director Hennis Steyn who...