- Friday, 29 November 2013 08:22
- Published Date
- Hits: 1917
The Tsumeb Young Achievers Youth Empowerment project held its first successful year-end function last week16 November at the Bible Academy in Tsumeb. The main objective of the special event was to acknowledge the hard work and achievements of its members and stakeholders.
The youth programme seeks to provide young people with vision and to inspire and motivate them to become responsible citizens in life. Tsumeb Young Achievers said it would like to extend its gratitude to all its stakeholders within the Tsumeb community and to specially thank businessman Mr Nico Kaiyamo for investing in the Tsumeb youth. Speaking at the event was Mr Sheratt who encouraged the youth to continue learning in order to achieve success. In the same vein he also advised the youth to refrain from tribalism, racism and gender discrimination. Playaville Theatre School entertained the achievers with two educational performances.
- Articles In This Category
- Trustco funds make lawyers learn (2894 hits)EducationAt the annual Legal Shield bursary award ceremony at Iitumba near Windhoek, Trustco Insurance awarded three bursaries of N$25,000 each to deserving...Use SMEs for school feeding (382 hits)EducationThe Teacher’s Union of Namibia (TUN) proposes that the Ministry of Education awards food tenders to constituency-based companies to promote local...Kindness and trust at DHPS (1208 hits)EducationAnother Day of Kindness was held at the Deutsche Hohere Privatschule late in June. As part of the social curriculum, virtues such as respect,...MTC bursaries for students and employees (1916 hits)EducationMTC awarded bursaries to four young students as well as 15 employees with the combined value of N$700,000. Since 2002 the MTC scholarship programme...A winning smile (549 hits)EducationLahja Hailulu from Rand Merchant Bank won the NS 5,000 bursary offered by Retirement Fund Solutions and the Benchmark Retirement Fund at the RFIN...Dalarize Development on the Rise (2127 hits)EducationThe social entrepreneur and founder of the Dalarize Development Project, Dalah Ndahafa Hapulile, is an innovative and passionate young woman whose...Poly launches electronic voting system (2073 hits)EducationThe President of the Polytechnic of Namibia’s Student Representative Council (SRC), Sylas Mungoba last week announced the latest innovation on...IUM invests in ITS Integrator (3833 hits)EducationThe International University Management of Namibia (IUM) has purchased ITS Integrator for streamlining processes related to Student Management and...EducationA cleaner turned assistant manager has established a hospitality training centre that educates and trains the youth to improve service delivery in...Needy school leavers receive bursaries (1678 hits)EducationTo help Namibia compete globally Telecom Namibia handed out 10 bursaries for the 2014 programme. The bursary scheme was introduced by Telecom to...
- Related Articles
- General NewsThe largest oxygen-producing plant in Namibia, procured recently by Namibia Custom Smelters to enhance production capability and improve...A message of hope for Tsumeb (1020 hits)General NewsThe Independence celebrations in Tsumeb started on a beautiful, sunny day in the garden city of the north. The celebrations kicked off with a march...Young, gifted and determined (3647 hits)SportThis week the Economist caught up with Lavinia Haitope, the senior female winner of this year’s Old Mutual Victory race. Clearly a force to be...Even Tsumeb needs more Bibles (605 hits)Community and CultureAt the Bible Society’s Walk for Bibles in Tsumeb last weekend, more than 180 participated in the 5-km fun event. It was the second year, that the...NBF hosts Mini Basketball programme in Tsumeb (3269 hits)SportThe Namibian Basketball Federation (NBF) on Saturday 06 April 2013 successfully hosted a mini basketball jamboree in Tsumeb. Almost 100 participants...
- Latest Articles
- Eye see the world now much better (42 hits)HeadlinesThe corporate social investment arm of Australian miner, Craton, this week brought clear sight and joy to learners who unknowingly suffered from...Relief from short term power (42 hits)HeadlinesNampower’s hopes to ride out the precarious electricity situation are pinned on an array of short-term projects, each of which will contribute to...HeadlinesAfter 20 years of being shelved, the spectacular aviation event, the International Air Show returns and is to be hosted at the Hosea Kutako...Editors DeskThe preliminary national accounts were released on Thursday by the Namibia Statistics Agency.The new document closely follows the format of last...Weather 17 April 2015 (40 hits)WeatherWhat Happened A noticeable chill has entered the weather stage this week with Otjiwarongo being more or less the latitude where the colder intrusion...