- Friday, 29 November 2013 08:22
- Published Date
- Hits: 1741
The Tsumeb Young Achievers Youth Empowerment project held its first successful year-end function last week16 November at the Bible Academy in Tsumeb. The main objective of the special event was to acknowledge the hard work and achievements of its members and stakeholders.
The youth programme seeks to provide young people with vision and to inspire and motivate them to become responsible citizens in life. Tsumeb Young Achievers said it would like to extend its gratitude to all its stakeholders within the Tsumeb community and to specially thank businessman Mr Nico Kaiyamo for investing in the Tsumeb youth. Speaking at the event was Mr Sheratt who encouraged the youth to continue learning in order to achieve success. In the same vein he also advised the youth to refrain from tribalism, racism and gender discrimination. Playaville Theatre School entertained the achievers with two educational performances.
- Articles In This Category
- EducationBank Windhoek launched the fourth annual Bank Windhoek BizzKids Competition, an entrepreneurial competition designed to help scholars realie their...Turning candidates into real bankers (3333 hits)EducationBank Windhoek’s Candidate Bankers Trainee Class was officially launched this Tuesday at their offices in Windhoek. The class of 2013 consists of 11...Youth Day tackles social ills (1045 hits)Education“We want the community to be able to read and write.” The youth from more than eight constituencies in the Hardap Region gathered at the...Poly and CoW sign MOU (573 hits)EducationThe Polytechnic of Namibia and the City of Windhoek signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), on the development of promotional and sustainable...Roads Construction awards bursaries (2875 hits)EducationThe Roads Construction Company has committed over N$850,000,00 to 10 successful bursary recipients. The 10 students are undergraduates studying Civil...Tops again (2408 hits)EducationOnce again, St George’s Diocesan Preparatory School excelled at the recent Khomas Regional Science Fair at the SKW in Windhoek. Mr Dawie...Entrepreneurship and Innovation (1120 hits)EducationMr Lazarus Jacobs, co-founder of Paragon Investment Holdings presented a public lecture titled Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Where to for Namibia?...Edutain trip for 2013 value stars (2182 hits)EducationThe Ohlthaver & List (O&L) Group of Companies recently announced the O&L Value Stars of 2013 at an event held in Windhoek. The 9 lucky...EducationThe Polytechnic of Namibia cemented its position as a pioneering centre of science and technology recently when it opened the doors to a cutting-edge...Take a closer look... (2731 hits)EducationThe President of the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany recently donated laboratory equipment to the UNAM School of Medicine on behalf...
- Related Articles
- General NewsThe largest oxygen-producing plant in Namibia, procured recently by Namibia Custom Smelters to enhance production capability and improve...A message of hope for Tsumeb (989 hits)General NewsThe Independence celebrations in Tsumeb started on a beautiful, sunny day in the garden city of the north. The celebrations kicked off with a march...Young, gifted and determined (3461 hits)SportThis week the Economist caught up with Lavinia Haitope, the senior female winner of this year’s Old Mutual Victory race. Clearly a force to be...Even Tsumeb needs more Bibles (581 hits)Community and CultureAt the Bible Society’s Walk for Bibles in Tsumeb last weekend, more than 180 participated in the 5-km fun event. It was the second year, that the...NBF hosts Mini Basketball programme in Tsumeb (3016 hits)SportThe Namibian Basketball Federation (NBF) on Saturday 06 April 2013 successfully hosted a mini basketball jamboree in Tsumeb. Almost 100 participants...
- Latest Articles
- HeadlinesAt the dawn of Independence in 1990, the Peace Corps Volunteer relationship between Namibia and the United States started. More than 1500 volunteers...Impending doom for Witvlei (33 hits)HeadlinesWitvlei Meat Managing Director Sydney Martin said this week that the government has not kept its promise of allocating a sufficient quota to its...Paladin’s revenue spikes 79% (34 hits)HeadlinesA downturn in the spot price of uranium has not deterred production at Paladin Energy’s Langer Heinrich operation. Langer Heinrich produced 27%...Weather 23 January 2015 (26 hits)WeatherWhat Happened With the Kaiser’s birthday on Tuesday, folklore has it the rain season only starts now. There may be more truth in this...Editors DeskThroughout this year, the verdict on the Eurozone cardhouse will remain in the balance. If the European Central Bank’s copycat experiment work,...