- Friday, 29 November 2013 08:22
- Published Date
- Hits: 843
The Tsumeb Young Achievers Youth Empowerment project held its first successful year-end function last week16 November at the Bible Academy in Tsumeb. The main objective of the special event was to acknowledge the hard work and achievements of its members and stakeholders.
The youth programme seeks to provide young people with vision and to inspire and motivate them to become responsible citizens in life. Tsumeb Young Achievers said it would like to extend its gratitude to all its stakeholders within the Tsumeb community and to specially thank businessman Mr Nico Kaiyamo for investing in the Tsumeb youth. Speaking at the event was Mr Sheratt who encouraged the youth to continue learning in order to achieve success. In the same vein he also advised the youth to refrain from tribalism, racism and gender discrimination. Playaville Theatre School entertained the achievers with two educational performances.
- Articles In This Category
- Knowledge Foundations awards 20 bursaries (2391 hits)EducationThe Knowledge Foundations awarded 20 students with bursaries worth N$ 400 00 for its 2013 bursary scheme. The students will undertake their studies...EducationGrade 10 and 12 part-time candidates who were not able to register for the October / November 2013 National Examinations by the closing date of 03...Education Transformation Fund launched (825 hits)EducationThe Namibia Education Transformation Fund was launched this week in the capital and the Honourable Dr.David Namwandi, Minister of Education delivered...Boost for RLabs (1915 hits)EducationA grant of about N$215,000 has been awarded by the Indigo Trust based in the UK for the development of RLabs Namibia in collaboration with the...Best new ideas rewarded (1823 hits)EducationIn its quest to encourage innovative business ideas, the Namibia Business Innovation Centre (NBIC) ran its annual Business Idea Competition from...EducationLearners of the Deutsche Hohere Privatschule (DHPS) last weekend celebrated their outstanding academic achievements posting once again a 100% pass...Official start of second term (1843 hits)EducationThe Minister of Education, Hon. David Namwandi has officially opened schools for the second semester of the 2013 academic year. In his speech,...MTC bursaries for students and employees (461 hits)EducationMTC awarded bursaries to four young students as well as 15 employees with the combined value of N$700,000. Since 2002 the MTC scholarship programme...UN School Conference launched (1976 hits)EducationThe United Nations Information Centre in Windhoek (UNIC) this week launched the 2ndModel United Nations Namibia High School Conference (MUNNAM). The...Social networking skills critical (3025 hits)EducationThe Namibia Business Innovation Centre celebrated another milestone as a second group of students completed the RLabs Social Networking Training last...
- Related Articles
- General NewsThe largest oxygen-producing plant in Namibia, procured recently by Namibia Custom Smelters to enhance production capability and improve...A message of hope for Tsumeb (837 hits)General NewsThe Independence celebrations in Tsumeb started on a beautiful, sunny day in the garden city of the north. The celebrations kicked off with a march...Young, gifted and determined (2797 hits)SportThis week the Economist caught up with Lavinia Haitope, the senior female winner of this year’s Old Mutual Victory race. Clearly a force to be...Even Tsumeb needs more Bibles (493 hits)Community and CultureAt the Bible Society’s Walk for Bibles in Tsumeb last weekend, more than 180 participated in the 5-km fun event. It was the second year, that the...NBF hosts Mini Basketball programme in Tsumeb (1891 hits)SportThe Namibian Basketball Federation (NBF) on Saturday 06 April 2013 successfully hosted a mini basketball jamboree in Tsumeb. Almost 100 participants...
- Latest Articles
- Take no nonsense from criminals (307 hits)HeadlinesThe Governor of the Hardap Region, Hon. Katrina Hanse-Himarwa introduces Commander Jacobus Meyer, the Hardap Regional Commander of NAMPOL to H.E....120 MW for Arandis, again (318 hits)HeadlinesArandis Power (Pty) Ltd is surging foward with plans to construct a 120 Megawatt (MW) thermal power generation Plant and one for waste oil recycling....HeadlinesThe development of a 250MW long-term generation facility at the coast in the Erongo Region to alleviate the country’s power woes will not be...Editors DeskStocks, bonds and currencies are jumping on and off the charts in such volatile trading that it mirrors conditions during the final quarter of 2008....Esau explains stance on phosphate moratorium (297 hits)HeadlinesDeputy Minister of Fisheries and Marine Resources, Hon. Samual Ankama recently developed a speech on behalf of Hon. Bernard Esau explaining the...