- Friday, 14 June 2013 10:04
- Published Date
- Nyasha Francis Nyaungwa
- Hits: 6235
The Southern Business School Namibia is launching more than 70 short courses for the 2013-2014 calendar year. Namibians looking to improve themselves, or possibly whole departments in organisations and corporations can now choose courses ranging from two to five days in a broad range of subjects. The participants in these short courses will not only find that they have increased knowledge after completing the courses, but the courses come with official certification and credits.
However, the business school said time is usually a constraining factor and although many dream of going back to school or following a tertiary programme, the timing is never right. “Southern Business School provides short intensive courses allowing students to follow a subject or an area of personal or professional interest in a concentrated format.”
More than 70 courses are offered ranging from subjects such as Leadership Skills to Office Administration or Financial Management for Capital Projects and many others in-between. “There is something there for everyone, from personal assistants who want to brush up on their administrative skills, to purchasing managers who need a deeper insight into municipal tendering processes.”
All the courses are taught by experienced Namibian trainers and professionals who are well-versed in their fields of expertise. Southern Business School maintains that in education, a framework where quality, recognition, affordability and customer service play a pivotal role, is the key element of instruction and learning.
Since its inception in 1996, this business school has been committed to providing accredited qualifications. “These short courses do not just instil knowledge and a ‘Certificate of Attendance’, they actually are accredited and count towards broader degrees which is part of the school’s commitment.
The short courses are ideally suited for organisations that want to enhance employees’ knowledge in certain departments and whole in-house groups can be accommodated in specific courses. “This is why Southern Business School offers discounts for groups” said Mr. Albin Jacobs’, Manager of Academic and Leadership Development. “Often short courses are just summaries of existing courses but with SBS this is not the case. We have more than 70 tailor-made courses that will enhance the participant’s knowledge.” These short courses offer the ideal opportunity to advance learning, knowledge, skills and careers for people in academic institutions as well as the public or private sector.
- Articles In This Category
- FABlab fast tracking innovative technology (216 hits)EducationFabrication Laboritory (FABlab) is the first advanced manufacturing, prototyping and design lab in Namibia that also offers their services to Small...UN School Conference launched (2378 hits)EducationThe United Nations Information Centre in Windhoek (UNIC) this week launched the 2ndModel United Nations Namibia High School Conference (MUNNAM). The...FNB helps journos read financial statements (1558 hits)EducationEarlier this week, FNB Namibia invited 20 journalists from various local media houses to a training course aimed at sharpening their skill in...Business innovation at trade fair (1899 hits)EducationThe Namibia Business Innovation Centre (NBIC) intends to bring an interesting twist to this year’s Ongwediva Annual Trade Fair (OATF). Aspiring...EducationThe Board of the Namibian Students Financial Assistance Fund has decided to put the loans to students studying at some identified foreign higher...Mutual empowers women in business (1400 hits)EducationA new group of small businesswomen recently completed the training in micro-business development sponsored by Old Mutual and facilitated by the...Grade 12 results to come earlier (3070 hits)EducationThe Ministry of Education this week announced that the Grade 12 Ordinary Level results will be released not later than 18 January 2014. The Grade 12...Best recycling schools (2235 hits)EducationThe Recycle Namibia Forum (RNF) recently announced the winners of the Schools Recycle Competition 2012/2013. The best school at the coast is Pro Ed...German Embassy increases scholarships (241 hits)EducationThe Embassy of Germany and the Arbeits- und Fordergemeinschaft Deutscher Schulvereine in Namibia (AGDS) announced last week their continual support...Teachers getting raw deal (372 hits)EducationEducators seem to be getting the short end of the stick as revealed earlier this week in a report by the Teachers Union of Namibia (TUN) which has...
- Related Articles
- Namibia, a dumping place for foreign waste? (545 hits)Speak your mindAccording to the company Native Storage Facility, “Namport receives large volumes of a variety of goods and materials, which are stored at various...
- Latest Articles
- Two storeys of outrageous outdoors life (16 hits)HeadlinesAgra’s well-known outdoors outlet, Safari Den was literally elevated to another level with the opening of the new shop this week Wednesday....Future logistics plan for explosion (21 hits)HeadlinesA newly formalised conceptual framework for the development of the transport sector, expects an explosion in transport and logistics as Namibia is...Simasiku plans to shake up energy (27 hits)HeadlinesFormer Chief Executive Officer of the Electricity Control Board of Namibia, Siseho Simasiku is at the forefront of a consumer advocacy group that...Editors DeskTowards the middle of the recent Windhoek Show, long queues started forming around the back end of the President’s Hall. From the Wednesday onward,...24 October 2014 (14 hits)WeatherWhat Happened? For the observer on the surface there is always one indisputable indicator of humidity in the upper air and that is the vapour trail...