- Friday, 14 June 2013 10:04
- Published Date
- Nyasha Francis Nyaungwa
- Hits: 6846
The Southern Business School Namibia is launching more than 70 short courses for the 2013-2014 calendar year. Namibians looking to improve themselves, or possibly whole departments in organisations and corporations can now choose courses ranging from two to five days in a broad range of subjects. The participants in these short courses will not only find that they have increased knowledge after completing the courses, but the courses come with official certification and credits.
However, the business school said time is usually a constraining factor and although many dream of going back to school or following a tertiary programme, the timing is never right. âSouthern Business School provides short intensive courses allowing students to follow a subject or an area of personal or professional interest in a concentrated format.â
More than 70 courses are offered ranging from subjects such as Leadership Skills to Office Administration or Financial Management for Capital Projects and many others in-between. âThere is something there for everyone, from personal assistants who want to brush up on their administrative skills, to purchasing managers who need a deeper insight into municipal tendering processes.â
All the courses are taught by experienced Namibian trainers and professionals who are well-versed in their fields of expertise. Southern Business School maintains that in education, a framework where quality, recognition, affordability and customer service play a pivotal role, is the key element of instruction and learning.
Since its inception in 1996, this business school has been committed to providing accredited qualifications. âThese short courses do not just instil knowledge and a âCertificate of Attendanceâ, they actually are accredited and count towards broader degrees which is part of the schoolâs commitment.
The short courses are ideally suited for organisations that want to enhance employeesâ knowledge in certain departments and whole in-house groups can be accommodated in specific courses. âThis is why Southern Business School offers discounts for groupsâ said Mr. Albin Jacobsâ, Manager of Academic and Leadership Development. âOften short courses are just summaries of existing courses but with SBS this is not the case. We have more than 70 tailor-made courses that will enhance the participantâs knowledge.â These short courses offer the ideal opportunity to advance learning, knowledge, skills and careers for people in academic institutions as well as the public or private sector.
- Articles In This Category
- Unlock Foundation key to educational gap (423 hits)EducationScott Karrel and Michelle Shapiro, both Co-founders of Unlock Foundation a non profit organisation that seeks to address critical education gaps in...EducationâI canât remember which paper it was, but there was a feature on this school - Peopleâs Primary School in Katutura â which brought to our...Laying foundation for science excellence (753 hits)EducationThe Manica CIS Fund earlier this month contributed to the efforts of the Luderitz Christian School to establish a science laboratory at the school....Computers and cash for Linus Shashipapo (944 hits)EducationLinus Shashipapo Secondary School at Ndiyona in the Kavango East Region, is the beneficiary of a substantial donation by a local bank, following a...SBS Namibia introduces 70 more courses (6846 hits)EducationThe Southern Business School Namibia is launching more than 70 short courses for the 2013-2014 calendar year. Namibians looking to improve...EducationGrade 10 and 12 part-time candidates who were not able to register for the October / November 2013 National Examinations by the closing date of 03...New Washington Fellows (1015 hits)EducationNine young leaders depart next week to their respective host universities in the United States for an eight-week internship under their designated...Future scientist (3020 hits)EducationOliver Diggle, a Grade 5 learner from St. Georges Diocesan School, submitted a science project that focuses on generating electricity from the ocean...EducationThe Polytechnic of Namibia cemented its position as a pioneering centre of science and technology recently when it opened the doors to a cutting-edge...Safland recommits to UNIBIS (2107 hits)EducationThe Safland Property Group has renewed sponsorship of UNIBIS, the business society and platform for commercial students at the University of Namibia....
- Related Articles
- Namibia, a dumping place for foreign waste? (604 hits)Speak your mindAccording to the company Native Storage Facility, âNamport receives large volumes of a variety of goods and materials, which are stored at various...
- Latest Articles
- Ondangwa Airport runway under rehab (67 hits)HeadlinesThe Namibia Airports Company earlier this week said that the ageing Ondangwa airport runway will undergo rehabilitation.The runway will be extended...Youthful Warriors advance at Youth Games (136 hits)SportThe young warriors on Wednesday marched into the semifinals of the African Union Sports Commission (AUSC) Region 5 Youth Games Menâs Competition...Volley ladies progress to next round (146 hits)SportThree Countries took part in the sub-zonal Olympic Qualifier of the Continental Cup last weekend. Teams from Angola, Zimbabwe and Namibia played at...Junior cricketers get boost (144 hits)SportSponsorship towards the Namibian U19 Cricket Team got a timely boost when Old Mutual Namibia handed over cricket apparel to the value of N$20,000 to...Karate kids receive awards (142 hits)SportChief Instructor of Shotokan Karate Academy, Sensei Willem Burger (6th Dan) and Sensei Morchen Kruger, instructor of the Khomasdal Shotokan...