- Friday, 14 June 2013 10:04
- Published Date
- Nyasha Francis Nyaungwa
- Hits: 6516
The Southern Business School Namibia is launching more than 70 short courses for the 2013-2014 calendar year. Namibians looking to improve themselves, or possibly whole departments in organisations and corporations can now choose courses ranging from two to five days in a broad range of subjects. The participants in these short courses will not only find that they have increased knowledge after completing the courses, but the courses come with official certification and credits.
However, the business school said time is usually a constraining factor and although many dream of going back to school or following a tertiary programme, the timing is never right. “Southern Business School provides short intensive courses allowing students to follow a subject or an area of personal or professional interest in a concentrated format.”
More than 70 courses are offered ranging from subjects such as Leadership Skills to Office Administration or Financial Management for Capital Projects and many others in-between. “There is something there for everyone, from personal assistants who want to brush up on their administrative skills, to purchasing managers who need a deeper insight into municipal tendering processes.”
All the courses are taught by experienced Namibian trainers and professionals who are well-versed in their fields of expertise. Southern Business School maintains that in education, a framework where quality, recognition, affordability and customer service play a pivotal role, is the key element of instruction and learning.
Since its inception in 1996, this business school has been committed to providing accredited qualifications. “These short courses do not just instil knowledge and a ‘Certificate of Attendance’, they actually are accredited and count towards broader degrees which is part of the school’s commitment.
The short courses are ideally suited for organisations that want to enhance employees’ knowledge in certain departments and whole in-house groups can be accommodated in specific courses. “This is why Southern Business School offers discounts for groups” said Mr. Albin Jacobs’, Manager of Academic and Leadership Development. “Often short courses are just summaries of existing courses but with SBS this is not the case. We have more than 70 tailor-made courses that will enhance the participant’s knowledge.” These short courses offer the ideal opportunity to advance learning, knowledge, skills and careers for people in academic institutions as well as the public or private sector.
- Articles In This Category
- Bursary Awarded (2328 hits)EducationHileni Magano Natanael, a first year Financial Management student at The International University of Management (IUM) is the recipient of the bursary...Capturing oral liberation history (1485 hits)EducationCEO of nNewEra Newspaper, Dr Audrin Mathe, has been put in charge of the project to compile and capture the oral history of the liberation struggle....Education Transformation Fund launched (1312 hits)EducationThe Namibia Education Transformation Fund was launched this week in the capital and the Honourable Dr.David Namwandi, Minister of Education delivered...Future energy depends on aware youth (929 hits)EducationThe Friedrich Elbert Foundation in collaboration with Earthlife Namibia, the Goethe Centre, the Namibian German Foundation for Cultural Cooperation...Official start of second term (2327 hits)EducationThe Minister of Education, Hon. David Namwandi has officially opened schools for the second semester of the 2013 academic year. In his speech,...elearning Conference in Namibia (2451 hits)EducationThe 8th Annual Pan-African eLearning Africa conference will this year be held in Windhoek, Namibia from May 29th to 31st at the Safari Conference...Mutual empowers women in business (1472 hits)EducationA new group of small businesswomen recently completed the training in micro-business development sponsored by Old Mutual and facilitated by the...EducationThe Namdeb Foundation in collaboration with the Anglo American Namibia Foundation are supporting improved science education at schools in the Karas...EducationLate in October, Waldorf School Windhoek held a Cultural Festival featuring homemade African and German food, traditional African clothing, festive...Women at Work - from students to graduates (1677 hits)EducationSeventy Home Management students and four Cleaning and Hospitality students received their certificates and diplomas at a graduation ceremony held by...
- Related Articles
- Namibia, a dumping place for foreign waste? (573 hits)Speak your mindAccording to the company Native Storage Facility, “Namport receives large volumes of a variety of goods and materials, which are stored at various...
- Latest Articles
- HeadlinesIt goes without saying that music really is a universal language uniting so many people who flocked to the Hage Geingob stadium for this year’s...Taxman loosens noose on farmers (5 hits)HeadlinesIn an effort to mitigate the effects of the severe drought experienced in 2013 the Ministry of Lands and Resettlement announced earlier this week...Namibia guns for Renewables (8 hits)HeadlinesNamibia has joined four other countries in the bid to host the proposed regional centre for the promotion of renewable energy in southern Africa....Editors DeskIt is not typical for a business editor to advise readers not to overspend but this is exactly what I want to do. One of the important metrics to...21 November 2014 (2 hits)WeatherWhat Happened? High pressure control on the surface as well as in the upper layers, remains the order of the day. The weather stance at the beginning...